Laura Ying 颖 Wang 王 is a Fulbright English Teaching Assistant in Kinmen County, Taiwan and a blogger for Coffee Break. She holds a B.A. in English and a B.A. in Chinese from the University of Iowa. Her writing has been published in The Writing Disorder, the Honors at Iowa Newsletter, earthwords undergraduate literary review, and is forthcoming in 91st Meridian. With Jeffrey Ding, she edits The New Chimericans, a bi-weekly newsletter that rounds up articles about Asian Americans and U.S.-China relations.
A UI Presidential Scholar and Critical Language Scholar, her academic and professional interests lie in culture writing, travel writing, literary translation, media representation, and postcolonial literature. Laura enjoys Netflix binging, listening to podcasts, napping, and planning every minute of her days.
For press or business inquiries, feel free to email Laura at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Coffee Break
Coffee Break is:
- A landing for short-form culture, travel, and personal writing
- A collection of my favorite things in my favorite format (you guessed it, lists)
- A haven for millennials who think (know) their generation is the greatest
- A record of my failed attempts at becoming a beauty and home decor guru
- In other words, a lifestyle blog
It is confusingly attached to my writer website but provides regular—and let’s face it, more fun—posts. If you need a moment to decompress during your busy day, take a coffee break with me.